In this guide we will walk you through how to update the DNS settings of your domain in Easy Sites.
What is DNS?
The most basic explanation of the Domain Name System (DNS) is a directory of domain names that computers use to translate domain names to IP addresses.
You will typically need to update DNS settings if you want to point your domain to a new server or you host one service with one provider and another service with another. eg. Website, emails, sub-domains, etc.
Let's get started!
1. Choose the domain/website you'd like to change DNS settings for and you will be presented with the Pages menu.
2. From the main navigation bar, select the purple globe icon to go to the Domain Management section.
3. From the Domain Management menu, you can select "DNS Settings" from either the main dashboard or via the Quick Manage menu on the left.
4. You will be presented with the DNS Settings section, from which you can add/update/remove the various DNS settings for your domain name.
Please note: This requires advanced knowledge so before you change any of the settings. If you are unsure what DNS settings you need to change or a third-party has asked that you update some settings, we would recommend that you speak with us first to avoid making any mistakes which could lead to your website being affected.
5. Simply click "Save DNS Settings" to immediately* push your new DNS settings to the server.
*The changes are pushed immediately, however the changes may not propagate to throughout the internet around the world immediately. This process can take up to 24 hours.
If you have any problems following this guide or modifying your DNS settings, please contact our team at email@example.com or call us on 01253 968004.